Friday, December 4, 2009

Bad Parenting

Last weekend I was visually assaulted by a level of stupidity and sheer arrogance (two things that should NEVER meet!) that I had never before seen in my life. I have to get this off my chest.

I was in the grocery store parking lot getting ready to turn into a parking space. Thank God for the brakes that came with my used car, as I had to slam them on to avoid colliding with a preschool age boy as he darted out into the parking lot. As I waited for the boy to be contained by his father, I had a chance to take in the situation.

This man had 4 little boys, all appearing to be between the ages of 2 and 5, all of them were having a wonderful time playing what appeared to be tag while running between cars at some points even into traffic. How sweet. The doting imbecile father had another future imbecile in his arms, (another boy, probably about 9-10 months), as he very slowly corralled his offspring and glared at me as he crossed into the store. I bit my tongue and refrained from leaning on my horn as he waved his finger and shook his head at me while in front of my car.

After parking my car and entering the store, I was not surprised to see his four little angels merrily decimating a Christmas display while he was trying to get the baby into a cart. I took the chance to glare him down and shake my head (I became my mother for one minute!). At that point Mr. Imbecile proceeded to scream at me, asking me why I hated children so much.

Lets get this straight, asshat. I DO NOT hate children. I LOVE children, I happen to have a gorgeous daughter myself. What I took offense to was this idiot thinking that because he lacked the;

a. Ability
b. Initiative
c. Intelligence

...to monitor and supervise his own offspring, it was the general public's responsibility to do so. Too many people do that - they give the rest of us responsible and courteous parents a bad rap by bringing their jam handed little monsters out in public to do their evil deeds, and never once do the doting mommies or daddies even blink an eye. I am not saying my daughter was a perfect angel in public, I have taken her out of restaurants on a few occasions before she could wreck the rest of the patrons meals. But here is the difference between me and Mr. Imbecile: I took my child home when she went berserk, he let his loose on a Christmas tree in our local grocery store.

This man had 5 children, who if they have anything in common with their dad, could produce between them 25 children. Mathematically that makes 30 more idiots in this world! My words to this man were simple. I told him that I didn't hate children, that I love children, but I hate stupid people who create stupid children and then don't give those children any guidance, resulting in those little cretins growing up into stupid adults who will make more stupid children... and that the one good thing he's doing is teaching them to play in traffic.. so perhaps the laws of natural selection would come into play and the world may be spared any of his offsprings' offspring.

Please, you gigantic asshat, next time you touch your obviously over-fertile wife, bag it. The world is full of out-of-control nitwits, your contribution of 5 more is enough.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Scared! There are indeed Monsters out there.

Georgia said...

But don't forget - as Hillary Clinton once said: "It takes a village..." - we are ALL responsible for raising the next generation! :D *sarcasm*

Product Designers Delhi said...

Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

App Development Company London said...

I saved it as a favorite it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near future. Take a look at my website as well and tell me what you think.

Property Lawyer Delhi said...

I like your approach on the topic. Your article is as interesting as your previous writings. Keep up the good work, thanks a lot.

GST Courses Delhi said...

Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.